Dear Year 7 German Students,
Welcome to German and to your new school! I hope you come to love the German language as much as I do. On this blog page, you will find your first unit booklet (navigate to the bottom of this page), along with some handy links and tips to get you started.
Kind regards and best wishes for your first year in high school!
Two Starter Tips
Duolingo, both online and in app form, is strangely addictive. I know this because I used it to supplement other materials when learning French.
You will also be able to use your Duolingo account on your laptop (as soon as you have taken possession of it), since there is an online version.
2 Revisit the vocabulary that we learn in class at least every second day. Say the words out loud if you can. If you have a kind and patient family member, teach the words to him or her. This will reinforce them in your own memory and allow you to practise your mouth gymnastics.
Downloadable Board Notes
- 30-1-2018: Introducing yourself, describing your characteristics simply, pronunciation and writing hints
- 6-2-2018: More on introducing yourself, giving your age, using nouns and adjectives, pronunciation
- 12-2-2018 – 13-2-2018: Definite and indefinite articles, numbers, saying your mobile number, asking how to say a word by formulating the question in German
||Nouns 1-50||Conjugating „sein“|
Nouns in the Essential Nouns picture cards:
- der Lehrer – the teacher (male)
- die Lehrerin – the teacher (female)
- der Mann – the man
- die Frau – the woman
- der Junge – the boy
- das Mädchen – the girl
- die Schule – the school
- das Buch – the book
- der Hund – the dog
- die Katze – the cat
- das Handy – the mobile phone
- der Freund – the friend (male)
- die Freundin – the friend (female)
Audio 1: (short text on page 4 of booklet below) – kindly recorded by Anthony Jäckisch
Audio 2: (short text on page 9 of booklet below) – kindly record by Anthony Jäckisch
Revision Quiz – Intended as revision after the unit: